AEI is looking for an Alternative Energy research technician. Go to jobs.wtamu.edu to apply and see the full job description. Here are the basics:
Will be in charge of daily operations, installations and maintenance at the AEI Regional Wind Test Center. This will involve installing turbines, towers, and data acquisition systems. Duties also include maintaining shop, buildings, and property in safe and organized fashion. Training will be provided as needed. Will oversee up to 6 part time employees assisting with duties. Travel may be required up to 25%.
Skills and/or Expertise Needed
- Associate Degree or equivalent technical experience with the following:
- Mechanical and electrical background.
- Familiarity with gearboxes, electric motors, minor plumbing, and ability to interpret and follow drawings.
- Good writing and record-keeping skills.
- Must be able to climb to 330 ft.
- Willing to work in adverse weather conditions.
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, or Agricultural Engineering or a BS in Engineering Technology.
- Climbing certification.
Interested? Here are instructions on how to find the job description and apply.
To Find Job Description
- Go to jobs.wtamu.edu.
- Click Search Postings.
- Search for Job Position: Research Technician, or Department: Alternative Energy Institute or enter Job Number: 60579.
Click Apply for this Posting on the Job Listing.